BAS time is almost here.
Just a friendly reminder that the DECEMBER BAS is approaching and it’s time to start preparing those books.
Your next Activity Statement is due for lodgement by 28th February.
Please note lodgement is required, even if it’s a nil return.
What to do to ensure your BAS is prepared in a timely manner:
- Complete all bookkeeping for the quarter, including bank reconciliations and payroll.
- Upload ALL bank statements for the period into Xero.
- Upload csv files for the period for all bank and credit card accounts that do not have an active bank feed.
To enable us to prepare the BAS in a timely manner, please upload the required information to your Xero file by 19 February 2018.
HOW TO UPLOAD BANK STATEMENTS INTO XERO.
Save the bank and credit card statements to a folder on your computer/USB, then open up the Xero file and follow the steps:
- In Xero there is an icon in the shape of a folder located in the top right hand side next to the message icon.
If you click on this icon you will see a folder named ‘2018 Bank Statements’ (If it is not there, please create one or let us know so we can do it for you).
- Click on ‘2018 Bank Statements’ so it shows up in bold font, then select ‘+Upload Files’.
- Search for the statements saved on your computer/USB and upload them to Xero.
You can upload the bank statements every month when they come in.